While many people are winding down this time of year in preparation for the holiday season, the TutorBird elves (aka our awesome developers) have been working ’round the clock! You may not notice any major differences at first glance, but this flurry of behind-the-scenes updates will keep TutorBird running smoothly while you’re celebrating the holidays (so go ahead, have that second glass of wine!).
Improvements and enhancements:
- Adult students should now get SMS reminders regardless of whether the mobile phone number is set on the “Student” or “Parent” part of their profile.
- When viewing an adult student, the “View As” buttons now only displays “View as Student” rather than unnecessarily displaying both.
- The mobile calendar in the beta Student Portal has been updated and is much more mobile-friendly.
- In-app notifications in the beta Student Portal have been moved to the top of the page.
- The Student Retention Report now takes into account the “Student Since” field. If it’s not populated, the student’s first lesson date is used. If the student’s first lesson is before this date, it is also used instead.
- An in-app notification message will now be displayed if your membership is overdue.
- Me.com is now correctly detected as a public email provider.
Here’s our full list of fixes:
- Sign-Up Widget:
- Fixed an issue that could cause an error message when the credit card is declined.
- Fixed an issue where the expiry date was sometimes sending back an incorrect format, which gave an error.
- Fixed an issue where the date picker was displaying too wide on some mobile devices which made it difficult to set the student’s birthday.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the “Thank You” message from redirecting the user to a different page.
- Fixed the “Card on File” status not updating correctly when a card or bank account is removed via the Stripe dashboard.
- When an online refund is processed, it no longer incorrectly describes it as a payment in the confirmation email.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the “Sorry” page to be displayed if an expired Password Reset link was used.
- Fixed an issue with the Teacher/Student Portal that could cause the “Sorry” page to be displayed in News Posts.
- When adding a new student from scratch, the billing rate was always reverting back to the default. It now properly saves the student’s rate the first time.
- The %InvoiceBalance% placeholder has been retired from the Invoice email and SMS templates. It now only exists in the Invoice Reminder email & SMS templates.
- Apply Default Taxes no longer times out for businesses with large/busy calendars.
- Fixed how lesson notes display on the mobile Calendar.
- Fixed an issue where some time zones were showing an incorrect Calendar Date Header for users.
Did you know? We’ve been working hard to improve email deliverability and have added a new Deliverability Report feature! Click here to learn more.