Hey Everyone! This week we’ve spent a considerable amount of time upgrading the security to certain aspects of TutorBird. A student and parent’s first experience with the Student Portal will also be much more user friendly. Rather than having to type in a randomly generated password, they’ll now be able to select their own password by using the one-time link in the Student Portal login email.
- When logging in we’ve removed the “Remember Me” checkbox and replaced it with a box that says “I am logging in from a shared or public computer“. When you turn that option ON, TutorBird shortens your login session time (so you’re automatically logged out due to inactivity more quickly) and won’t remember who you are when you return to the site.
- Password reset emails no longer contain a random password. Instead, you’ll get a one-time link to a password reset page where you can enter your new password.
- Similar to the above, Student/Parent Login Emails no longer include a random initial password. They’ll also get a link to setup their initial password.
Other changes this week:
- We updated the text/email editor to fix a couple of issues that were reported to us:
- When editing an invoice email on the iPad, the “Enter” once again inserts a new line (instead of sending the email)
- We fixed copy & pasting text from Microsoft Word (it was working inconsistently)
- We fixed an issue that could cause the browser to hang when inserting URLs into lesson notes.
Did you know? We now offer automatic late fees! The system will automatically charge a percentage or flat fee to the Family Account the day after the invoice due date.